Odoo - OpenERP - How can I activate a credit limit for my customers?

In the contact form, I notice a field named "Credit limit" in the Accounting tab. But if I set a value, nothing happens when I override this limit during a sale operation? How can I set up a blocking mechanism in the sales order validation?

Support
Support
| 2 1 2
Asked on 8/14/15, 1:52 PM
vote

You need to add a condition in the first transitions of the sales workflow: i.e. Credit limit > Total receivable (the amount the customer owes you) + Amount of the new SO.

So open the sales workflow (either from the developer drop-down menu, or from Settings > Technical > Workflows > Workflows). Then, add the following condition in the two order_confirm transitions (between draft & sent to routernodes): partner_id.credit_limit > partner_id.credit + amount_total (replacing True). Use the Diagram view to find them in an easier way.

From now on, everytime you try to validate a sales order, the SO status remains on "Quotation" if the sum of the amount the customer owes you and the new SO amount is higher than his credit limit.

Optional,

however I changed the formula slightly to

"partner_invoice_id.credit_limit > partner_invoice_id.credit + amount_total"

Reason is we give give credit to the company not each employee of that company! We use OpenERP this way - Sales>Sales>Quotations> Create

The customer is "Fred Blogs" who works for "Smiths Industries" this person has 0 Credit The Invoice Address is "Smiths Industries" who has a credit of XXX GBP

This way we track who placed the order and can communicate with that individual, but all invoices go the company.

Another Option:

For each transition in a workflow, you can add a condition

Go in the menu 'Settings > Technical > Workflow > Transitions' and select a transition such as 'invoice_open'

Replace the default condition 'True' by this one 'partner_id.credit-amount_total>partner_id.credit_limit'

Support
Support
| 2 1 2
Answered on 8/14/15, 1:55 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This forum is for HiTechnologia Employees & just Odoo general knowledge purpose only.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/14/15, 1:52 PM
Seen: 4004 times
Last updated: 8/14/15, 1:55 PM