Odoo - OpenERP - How to Reset GIT local repository to be just like remote git repository HEAD?

Support
Support
| 2 1 2
Asked on 7/25/15, 9:12 AM
vote

Setting your branch to exactly match the remote branch can be done in two steps:

git fetch origin

git reset --hard origin/master

If you want to save your current branch's state before doing this (just in case), you can do:

git commit -a -m "Saving my work, just in case"

git branch my-saved-work

Now your work is saved on the branch "my-saved-work" in case you decide you want it back (or want to look at it later or diff it against your updated branch).

Note that the first example assumes that the remote repo's name is "origin" and that the branch named "master" in the remote repo matches the currently checked-out branch in your local repo.

also, 

git clean -d -f 

if there are untracked directories present.

then check the status by

git status or git branch

also you can use git pull to make sure everything is updated.

Support
Support
| 2 1 2
Answered on 7/25/15, 9:15 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This forum is for HiTechnologia Employees & just Odoo general knowledge purpose only.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/25/15, 9:12 AM
Seen: 3100 times
Last updated: 7/25/15, 9:15 AM