Odoo - OpenERP - How to restrict the access to the eCommerce menu or specific web page, link etc...?

I need to hide the Shop menu and the ecommerce content (product pages, etc) for all the anonymous website viewers. 

Support
Support
| 2 1 2
Asked on 8/23/15, 2:03 PM
vote

• How to hide the "Shop" menu item?

Go to Settings > Technical > Security > Record rules and create a new rule:

• Object: Website Menu
  • Apply for Read access
  • Rule definition: [('url','not like','%/shop%')]
  • Group: Public
  • How to make the eCommerce pages unreachable for people who are not registered as employees or portal users?

• Open your shop and access the page HTML editor
    • Select the Product page
    • Add the following attribute in the first <t> tag (name="Products"): groups="base.group_user,base.group_portal"

Now you can open your website as an anonymous person.

You do not retrieve the Shop menu and if you try to reach yourdatabasename/shop, you get an empty page.

Comments & Notes:

The user is no longer able to access to mysite.com/shop.

but... the public user can still access to my shop store via google

(in google I see all the items that I have on the shop) and access to "add to cart" button.

To avoid this issue:

You need to install the "Warning Messages and Alerts" module;

then you need to go to Sales -> Customers -> "Public User" -> Warnings -> Warning on the Sales Order -> Blocking Message.

Support
Support
| 2 1 2
Answered on 8/23/15, 2:07 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This forum is for HiTechnologia Employees & just Odoo general knowledge purpose only.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/23/15, 2:03 PM
Seen: 3816 times
Last updated: 8/23/15, 2:07 PM